The flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, and the house still feels like it is caught with winter blues. Spring cleaning is a practice that encourages us to spruce up our homes and get a head start on the busy spring and summer seasons. It seems like a challenging task, but it does not have to be.
While tackling every dust bunny, persistent stain, and cluttered nook and cranny is undoubtedly satisfying, it can also be daunting. Too much so that you may be wondering where to begin when you have a dirty floor, worn-out carpets, and a long list of other items on your to-do list.
This year, make it easy on yourself and prim your home with Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Soap! Not only is it good for cleaning your windows, work surfaces and floors, but its 18 uses can safely clean your entire house in a way that is good for the body and the planet
Formulated with high potency organic oils, pure ingredients, preservative-free and vegan-approved, Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Soap can be used for various cleaning tasks such as:
- A zesty air freshener Pour a few drops of citrus Pure-Castile Liquid Soap into a spritz bottle with ¾ cup of water. Simply spray around the house and fill the air with a fruity spring fragrance!
- Wash your clothes to get through the heap of laundry you have been wanting to do, use liquid soap instead of chemical detergent. Lavender is excellent for washing laundry as it repels moths.
- Pest Spray Worms, flies, and other creepy-crawlies will also be present in your home during the spring months. For a natural insect repellent, dilute a few drops of tea tree liquid soap in ¾ cup of water and spray around the house.
- Washing up liquid The perfect and natural way of getting your dishes spotless.
- Car cleaner It's not just the home that needs to be swept thoroughly. Now is the ideal time to wash your car, when the nights get lighter and the days get longer. Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile Liquid Soap will thoroughly clean the wheels!
- Window & glass cleaner Scrub the windows with a sheet of newspaper and a few drops of your favourite liquid soap mixed with water. They will be shining in a few seconds.
- Floor and surface cleaner Clean the floors and surfaces the natural way! Select your favourite Pure-Castile Liquid Soap for a quick pick-me-up. For better results, mix the liquid soap with a few drops of vinegar and baking soda.
Both the Pure-Castile Liquid Soap and Sal Suds are surfactants, which means they are surface active agents, and work by latching onto germs, grime, and dirt. Our Pure-Castile Soap is great for use on bodies, pets and in the home, whereas Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds Biodegradable Cleaner is a concentrated hard-surface all-purpose cleaner. It is made with plant-based surfactants and natural fir needle and spruce essential oils (no cheap, harsh pine stump oil), without any synthetic dyes, fragrances or preservatives.
Sal Suds is our biodegradable household cleaner which doesn’t react with hard water. It rinses cleanly and leave surfaces sparkling ensuring no film or marks are left on shiny surfaces. Sal Suds is safe for any surface or material that can get wet. As with our castile soap, you can dilute Sal Suds to create all sorts of products, but our basic All-Purpose Spray is made with 15 ml Sal Suds in 1 litre of water.
Other essential items for spring cleaning are:
- Baking Soda also knows as sodium bicarbonate, is a gentle abrasive that makes it useful for cleaning bathrooms and kitchen surfaces. You can easily create a scrubbing paste by mixing baking soda with warm water which will help you spruce up your shower, unclog your drains, floors and many other surfaces.
- Lemons The acid in lemons is antibacterial and antiseptic, and acts as a natural bleach. The citrus scent of lemon is refreshing and energizing. Oils in the peels can also help to clean and shine your home surfaces. Add a little salt, and you can toss away many of the tough, chemical-based products in your cleaning bucket.
- Salt acts as a scouring agent that is both strong and soft. Salt also acts as a catalyst, allowing other ingredients, such as vinegar, to clean and deodorize more effectively. Create a paste with a lot of salt, baking soda, and dish soap for a simple soft scrub to use on furniture, enamel, porcelain, and other surfaces.
- Vinegar Fill a spray bottle with a 1:1 mixture of vinegar and water. Spritz and clean your kitchen sink, cabinets, and some other areas that you'd usually use bleach but choose to avoid using bleach. After that, clean the sink with soapy water to get rid of the vinegar scent.
Sal Suds and Pure-Castile Liquid Soap are the perfect household products to use during your spring cleaning. The 18-to-1 use bottles are the retro answer to our expensive cleaning woes. Other green ingredients are essential items during cleaning but Dr. Bronner’s focuses on affordability and versatility, making their soaps the perfect household accessory. Purchase our products today and begin your spring cleaning! Time to blossom!